Thursday, October 13, 2011

I have been working on getting the kids' rooms put together, and Sarah's room is just about there. I'm in the middle of finishing a couple more projects, and then I will post some pictures of her room. In the meantime I also finished this dresser that I bought from Goodwill in Milwaukee. I miss that Goodwill so much!! I found so many great finds there. So those of you still in Milwaukee take advantage of it! This dresser was $14.99. But I had a 20% off coupon making it even cheaper. I really was going to take a "before" picture but as usual it was a spur-of-the-moment project. I started priming and then remembered I hadn't taken a picture. So just imagine a dark, beat-up dresser. Anyway, I've been dying to try something like this so I'm very happy that it all came together like I had hoped. The paint is a light gray. We had some left-over paint from our wall painting project upstairs. (Yes, we've repainted the living room/kitchen/entryway. I'll post more updated pictures later). I used the same stain on the drawers as I used on Ryan's bed. The dresser came with silver knobs, but I really wanted to add some texture so I tied knots over the existing knobs with twine. Prior to refinishing this dresser Ryan wasn't happy that I had swapped dressers with Sarah (this one was initially supposed to go in Sarah's room but in the end it just didn't work). But now that I refinished it, he loves it.


4 comments:

Joe and Karrie said...

I love it!! thanks for sharing! you are an amazing designer...

Jill said...

i love what you did with the dresser!!!! it is so fun to see different projects and get inspiration. i can't wait to see your little girls room. i haven't even began to think of the boys room.

Craig and Monica said...

Seriously, where do you get all these great ideas? I am so impressed- AGAIN! Also love the knobs on the dresser. Great work!

Sarah said...

Kristi this looks amazing--all of it! You really should have your own show on HGTV. Anyone can redo a piece of furniture (except me, take me out of that equation), but you truly make it your own. The details are fantastic!

Ryan"s Photo Gallery